I have been a practising fulltime Dairy Farm Consultant in the Nelson/Marlborough and Buller regions for 17 years. I fully understand the climate, soils, and the environment in our regions. Some of the things I can help with are:
- Maximising pasture use, with comprehensive feed budgeting and grazing programmes.
- System analysis using the FarmWise Optimiser Programme (it shows where you can make more profit with a wee tweak here or there – or a whole system change).
- Day to day farm management advice and farm supervision – I love talking about cows and grass.
- Farm viability proposals (property purchases or Bank proposals).
- Financial budgeting, targets and monitoring.
- Extensive knowledge of soils and fertiliser.
- Personal motivation and encouragement.
- Overseas consultancy in South America.
I like to challenge current thinking, and am always thinking of new ways of doing things to make the boat go faster. I enjoy meeting people, and working through all farming problems with dignity, empathy and respect – and having a lot of fun and positive enjoyment on the journey with you.