- Business analysis, budgeting and financial planning.
- Pasture and feed modelling and budgeting including use of tools such as Feedflow.
- Animal Reproduction analysis including breeding program planning.
- Animal welfare management including optimization and monitoring of performance including body condition scoring (BCS) and audits.
- Nutrient budgeting including Overseer computer Model.
- Human resource processes management including interviewing new staff and establishing share milking contracts with associated documents.
- General farm visits and facilitation of dairy discussion groups.
- Grown up on a dairy farm in Taranaki, 5th generation Dairy farmer.
- I was employed as Rural manager with the ANZ Bank for 3 years
- I have extensive experience as a dairy consultant since 2001.
- I have progressed from herd ownership in 2001, then 50% equity partner in Ahu Ahu Farm LP.
- Purchased a 54 ha, 200 cow dairy farm in 2010, followed by a 130 ha, 450 cow farm in 2015.
- 13.5% net equity growth p.a. since 2010.
Professional Development and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science - Massey University (1994)
- Nutrient Management - Massey University (2008)
- DairyNZ Body Conditions Scoring accreditation (2014)
- Member, New Zealand Institute of Primary Industry Management (1994)
- Treasurer Taranaki branch since 2009
Ph: 06 751 1265
Mob: 027 242 1812